Thursday 18 August 2016

Book Travelling Thrusdays #8


For this weeks BTT the topic is 'choose your non-fiction book'. This topic was chosen due to some many fiction books being read and talked about in comparisiion to non-fiction. So to show the non-fiction books some love I decided to pick a book which I read years ago back when I was first getting into reading. 

The book I have chosen is Just a Boy: The story of a stolen childhood by Richard McCann. This book an extremely upsetting and heart aching memoir of Richards life as a child with his sisters growing up after his mum has been murdered. He jumps from home to home whilst facing excruciating violence and abuse. If I'm honest I was probably a little young to have read this when I did as I was only around 13 years old but nevertheless I feel it is such an important thing to educate kids about simply because abuse does happen and although it's not nice people need to be aware and remember that it does. 


Original and My Favourtie




The cover above is the original cover and my favourtie cover. Firstly I will say that I could only find two separate covers for this title book however there may be more I'm not sure. I like the simplicity of the cover and the layout and the little boy in the corner of the book no doubt imitating Richard McCann as a boy. 


Least Favourtie

Indonesia

Well what can I say. This book just says 'cheap'. I don't know it's just not something I like. It's boring and dull and unimaginative. It also says nothing about the story whatsoever which is kind of annoying. I don't like the colour scheme or the font. 

6 comments:

  1. I haven't seen or heard about this book, but I agree with your favorite. It's simple, but very attractive. And the least favorite one is kinda weird..
    great BTT! ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great book but so emotional. Thank you!!

      Delete
  2. Never heard of this book before, but it sounds very interesting. I'll have to check it out!
    My BTT! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your choices. The original conveys perfectly what the book is about!

    Esther @Chapter Adventures

    ReplyDelete