Thursday 9 June 2016

Book Traveling Thursdays

Since doing my first meme yesterday (of which I thoroughly enjoyed) I decided to join another for Thursdays called Book Traveling Thursdays hosted by Danielle @ Danielle's Book Blog  and Catia @ The Girl Whoe Read Too Much . Head over to their Blogs to find out more.




This Meme is where you pick a book of which relates to the weeks topic then looking at the different covers for that book and picking the original cover, the covers from your country, your most favourite and your least favourite cover.


This weeks topic is...

       Because World Building Matters

This topic title means, chose a book in which the world is a place you would like to live in. 




My choice for this weeks topic is...


                              Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

My first choice was Illuminae because how cool does that world seem however there was only 1 book edition haha. Therefore I chose Shatter Me. I chose this book not because of the world persay because lets me real who wants to live in a run down where the rulers are trying to take over. However I chose this book simply because it's so mysterious and I think it would be interesting in Omega Point and with all the weird and wonderful people there. 


Original Book Cover (US Hardback)







This cover is in fact the one I own however it isn't the nicest in my opinion. I think it's quite cheap looking and pretty plain. The only thing I can say I do like is the fact that it has half black, half white. Other than that I do not like this cover. 



My Favourite Book Cover (US Paperback)







I chose this cover simply because, well just look at it. It's beautiful. Plus the birds and the trees kind of link in slightly with the story which I like. But overall I mean it's just absolutely beautiful.



My Least Favourite Book Cover (Spain)







I'm sorry to say but this book cover looks so cheap and boring and it would personally not at all possess me to pick this up if I saw it in a book store. The colours of pink and yellow just do not match and I think it almost has a childish element to it of which I do not appeal for. 

(Sorry to anyone who actaully likes this cover, my opinion)















2 comments:

  1. Totally agree with the covers. The last one doesn't say dystopian to me, but contemporary or chick lit. Doesn't really represent the book with those colors. Also, I'm guessing it's from Spain, and they changed the title to Juliette's Skin, which sounds terriblee!!!
    My BTT is here if you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg yes yes yes! You explained that perfectly.

      I didn't even know they changed the title but that sounds awful compared to Shatter me.

      I'll check yours out now :D

      Delete