Saturday 22 April 2017

Cracked by K. M. Walton : Book Review



Title  :  Cracked

Author  :  K. M. Walton

Length  :  331 pages

Format  :  Paperback

Rating  :  ★ ★ ★

Hotness  :  ðŸ”¥









This book follows two very different teenage boys at a very vulnerable time in their lives. One boy comes from a more wealthy background whereas the other comes from a more poor living environment. However, both have one simple thing in common, they feel alone

I love books that have multiple perspectives on mainly because I think it shows the author understands that there is always at least two sides to a story and what's portrayed may not always been correct. 

This book was carefully thought about and I did enjoy it a lot. The characters were different from one another which was great, however I didn't particularly like that they were just the same teenage stereotypes that we see in movies and books all the time. I also really didn't like the way the romance in this book came about so quick. I get that they are young (16) and not to give anyway any spoilers but this book took place over a very short time period and for the romance to have taken place just didn't make sense to me. 

However I think this book has a really important message to it that is incredibly obvious, more than one in fact. It talks about bullying, suicide, family relationships, abuse, and how there is always someone out there who cares.  



No comments:

Post a Comment