Monday 19 June 2017

Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins


Title  :  Isla and the Happily Ever After

Author  :  Stephanie Perkins

Format  :  Paperback

Length  :  375 Pages

Rating  :  ★ ★ ★












This book is the last book in the Anna and the French Kiss series by Stephanie Perkins. That first book I absolutely loved however from there on I feel it was the same thing over and over. Don't get me wrong the characters were completely different which was something I loved and I really like Isla and Josh in this book. They both seemed like people I would like in the real world but it seemed too much of the same story as the last two. I guess I was just expecting more.

Nevertheless, Perkins has done a great job at character building within this book. I loved how Josh was extremely distanced from his family and how he acts differently around his family friends compared to his boarding school friends. I also loved the aspect in this book where all characters from each book in the series were reintroduced. It was weird don't get me wrong but I still thought it was pretty great how they all connected to each other. 

I would say this book is a light, fluffy read that you could pick up and fly through if you was in the mood to read it. It's cute, charming and funny in some places which makes reading this book that much better. 

Unfortunately it did take me a while to get into this book but when I got about halfway through I just kept reading and reading and reading... Maybe my opinion is a little biased as I wasn't in the mood to actually read this type of book when I picked it up but I still enjoyed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment