Wednesday 18 January 2017

Book Reccomendations

I've been wanting to do a post on books I would highly recommend from a range of different genres so I can reach out to you all. However I've never been the most diverse reader and tend to stick to what I'm comfortable with. But the past year I've been reading a range of books from different genres and thought it would be a great idea to pick books from a few different genres.

Of course this is all my own opinion and something that I may like and enjoy myself may not be what you yourself would enjoy. However I would love it if I even encouraged one person to read one of these books. 


Contemporary  


I'm assuming you have definitely heard to hype around this book. Maybe not so much recently but possibly last year. This book is shockingly good. I love JoJo Moyes as an author in general but this book blew me away. It's so simple yet so unique. I have still yet to see the movie adaptation. 

If you have not picked up this book, I highly highly recommenced you do. 




Poetry

OMG

What can I even say about this beauty. I mean if you have read this I'm sure you will understand why it's on this list and if you haven't then what the hell are you still doing here? GO PICK IT UP DUMMY!!

This didn't take me long to read at all and honestly it made me feel super emotional throughout. It was so simple yet just perfect. Can't express my love for it.

Fantasy


ACOTAR is of course going to be my fantasy pick. I don't read a lot of fantasy at all so I didn't have much to chose from but if I didn't love it then I would have picked a different genre. 

This book was so intriguing and I can't wait to pick the second book up. It's a chunker but I'm sure it's totally worth it. The characters in this book were great and I actually felt I could picture everything happening as if it were me myself. I still can even now. Try it if you haven't. 


Thriller


Baby Doll was such an easy, fast read for me and that was for many reasons. One of those reasons is because I'm addicted to thriller/mystery/crime type books and this was fantastic, different and so so so interesting. Another reason is definitely because there are multiple perspectives within this book including the victim and the perpetrator which I absolutely loved. 

Pick it up f you haven't. It's short and easy and you will not regret it.  




Manga 


I'm sure if you're into manga or graphic novels in any way shape or form that you have heard of the death note series and if not what in the world have you been doing?

This series is so good and I mean it. I have currently to date read 5 of the books within this 12 book series. I'm trying to read them slow simply because I don't want the series to be over too quickly. I am loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment