Friday 26 May 2017

Sleepwalk by Adrian Tomine : Book Review


Title  :  Sleepwalk

Author  :  Adrian Tomine

Format  :  Paperback

Length  :  104 Pages

Rating  :  ★ ★ ★ ★











This graphic novel is a collection of short stories and I honestly loved it. Each story was different and gave me a different feeling/emotion. They were all sort of depressing which I actually really liked. I couldn't stop turning the pages with this one, and at the end of each story it made me kind of sad that it was over and I didn't know what was going to happen next but also made me super excited to get into the new story.

I also really love the artwork within this book. It was simple yet capturing and I loved that. Each individual also looked really similar which I found kind of cool. Not sure anyone would agree with me but still haha.

The author really knows how to capture a reader within such a short amount of time which I think is absolutely incredible and such a rare technique to find within a book. Cannot fault this book.

Only reason I wouldn't give it 5 starts is because I wanted more from it but I guess that's also a positive!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment