Friday 19 May 2017

You by Caroline Kepnes : Book Review


Title  :  You

Author  :  Caroline Kepnes

Format  :  Paperback/Ebook

Length   :  422 pages/587 pages

Rating  :  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

Hotness  :  ðŸ”¥ðŸ”¥ðŸ”¥ðŸ”¥



This book I picked up a while back and it intrigued me mainly because it was written in third person. I had read Stolen by Lucy Christopher a few years back and ended up really enjoying the third person element so decided to give this a go. I started out reading the paperback but honestly the text was way too small for my liking so I bought the ebook and read it on my phone which is not something I usually like doing but I couldn't put this book down.

This book follows our main character who is a stalker and also has so other dark secrets. Once he picks his next victim he will do anything in order to get what he wants. When he meets Beck, he knows he wants her, but things don't stay the way he wants them to for long.

Joe (the main character and also stalker), is a fantastic character. although I know you should hate him for what he does and thinks and says but for some reason I just didn't. He was so interesting, seeing things from his perspective was what drove me on to read page after page. There were other minor characters who were also likable is ways but nothing compared to Joe.

Beck, on the other hand, was not as intriguing. Although she did make the story and I do feel her character fit the novel incredibly well. The author's picks of characteristics for each character was incredibly smart and I appreciated that, even if I didn't like the character. 

There was also a little "hotness" to this book. It was a creepy hotness and not exactly appropriate as Joe was stalking Beck but in other circumstances would be seen as very graphic and sexual

Overall, this book in my opinion was brilliant, super refreshing as I don't feel I have read a good book like this in a long time. I cannot wait to pick book 2 up soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment