Wednesday 6 July 2016

Top 5 Wednesday #5


It's time again for another top 5 Wednesday guys. How the time flies by right? I mean I created this blog around 5 weeks ago which is crazy.

Anyway...
Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted through a group on goodreads whereby a topic is picked every Wednesday that is then linked to something book related. I've enjoyed taking part in weekly meme's and I really think they are a great way of making you really think about the previous books you have read!

This weeks topic is 'Books you enjoyed that aren't something you typically read'.



Saga Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan.

I chose this book simply because I rarely read books that are graphic novels. I am very much the type of person to have a book with simply just words. However I really enjoyed reading Saga and love the concept of graphic novels as a whole. 

Shatter Me #1 by Tahereh Mafi.

I chose Shatter Me simply because I really really enjoyed this book when I read it and it was one of the first books I read that got me out of my comfort zone of reading only books that were mainly memoirs about abuse. I'm not much into fantasy/dystopian stuff but I try to keep my opinions open and this book certainly changed my mind on dystonian books.

The One Plus One by Jojo Moyes.

This book is an adult book written by none other than Jojo Moyes herself. This was the first book I won on a goodreads giveaway (which I was super psyched about) and in all honesty I couldn't wait to get my hands on it and read it simply because I had one it. I read this book within two days and absolutely raved about it. This is a book I chose for this weeks theme simply because it is an adult book and that's no usually my typical read as I am more of a YA contemporary reader.


D.C Helen Grace Series by M. J. Arlidge.

Guys, you know how much I love these books. I'm not one for reading series books I much prefer stand alone books but this series is definitely one worth investing and indulging in. I absolutely love it so far. The characters, the different plots, the crime, everything is just simply great. 

The funny thing about these books is that I initially didn't even realize that the books were apart of a series when I picked them up. I remember picking two books up and then when I got home I scanned them into goodreads to find out that I had bought book 2 and 3 which I was gutted about. So i decided to pick up book 1 of course and as soon as it came in the post I read it and couldn't put it down. Impulse buys can be great you guys, honestly!!

A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket.

I probably could have picked something better for my last pick but honestly I couldn't for the life think of me what and as I've recently just finished the second book in this series I decided why not. I looked on goodreads to check that these are classed as a children's books and found that there are around 50 more tags for it being a YA books than a children's book which is actually really surprising to me. However, I would still class them as a children's books myself which is why I picked them. Like i said I am more of a YA contemporary reader myself but these children books are super fun to read and i'm actually really enjoying them so far.



Questions of the Day :

- What are your top 5?
- Would you agree/disagree with anything I've said?
- What is your current read?

No comments:

Post a Comment