Thursday 15 June 2017

Shortcomings by Adrian Tomine : Book Review



Title  :  Shortcomings

Author  :  Adrian Tomine

Format  :  Paperback

Length  :  112 Pages

Rating  :  ★ ★ ★ ★








Just like the other two books in this series/collection of short stories I really enjoyed this one. However this book is based on one particular character, Ben. 

So Ben is a character most people would dislike. I am definitely one of those people. However disliking the book due to that is something I frown upon. I have read a lot of negative comments about this short graphic novel that lead to the obvious outcome of that they just didn't like the main character. I get that you should like the main character due to them being the MAIN part of the story, of course. However this was still a beautifully written story with amazing art work, therefore that one significant problem of not liking the character becomes not so significant anymore. 

However it's not something you can completely overlook. Of course it does become annoying how dishonest and selfish and up his own arse Ben actually is. There are also times where this book kind of got a little boring. 

Although, I have never read anything like this before therefore it made it unique to me which I particularly enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment