Friday 16 June 2017

Teaching My Mother How To Give Birth by Warsan Shire : Book Review


Title  :  Teaching My Mother How To Give Birth

Author  :  Warsan Shire

Format  :  Paperback

Length  :  37 Pages

Rating  :  ★ ★











This short book is actually a collection of different poems which are incredibly vivid. Now before anyone judges me of my harsh rating hear me out...

I understand that these collection of poems are no doubt, beautifully crafted. There is also no doubt that this book makes you feel crazy amount of emotions. However it made me feel uncomfortable!! Don't get me wrong, I totally understand that it's supposed to make you feel almost uncomfortable and with that it shows great skill in writing, but I just didn't enjoy it.

These poems failed to leave anything with me other than the un-comfortableness of what I was reading. I'm not one to become uncomfortable when reading any type of book and this is actually the first time it's happened. Regardless of my harshness of this I would still recommended it to anyone who is even remotely interested in this simply because I would love to know if there are others who think the same as me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment