Thursday 13 July 2017

Top 5 Wednesday • Children's Books (#15)


"Childrens Books"

This is quite funny, I've been thinking about doing a post for a few months dedicated to childrens books and what got me reading etc. so when I saw this I was immediately planning and writing down different books and authors I loved. This is a super hard choice narrowing it down to 5 mainly because there are lot of books that I love by two individual authors. But I also didn't want this to be about just two different authors so I decided to pick my favourties and then pick a few others I remember from when I was a lot younger. 


Number One 

The Witches by Roald Dahl

This book is one of my favourite childhood books. I love Roald Dahl's work a lot and this book is deifnielty one of my favourites and hold a special place in my heart. My mum also loves this book a lot which is another reason why I think I like this book a lot. 






Number Two

The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle

This book is something I used to love when I was very little. I think it's one of the most popular childrens stories which may be why I remember it so much. I think it's such a cute story with a little education in it as to where butterflies come from.



Number Three

Staring Tracey Beaker by Jacqueline Wilson

THIS!! I mean, I'm not a huge fan of Jacqueline Wilson and I had a friend who was pretty obsessed, she loved her stuff. Me, I wasn't so keen but I borrowed this book off a friend and took it home and read it in one sitting. After I finished it I was talking to my mum about how much I enjoyed it and I sat down again and reread the whole thing. I think this is one of the books that really started my love for reading as a child and after this I started to get into the goosebumps books etc. (Which I loved).


Number Four

The Twits by Roald Dahl

Another Roald Dahl book of course. The twits is another of my favourites and guess what, my mums too. I think we shared a very common interest in Roald Dahl's books and I think that's why I instantly think of Roald Dahl when I think of childhood books.

If you haven't read any of Dahl's books I highly suggest you do. You won't be disappointed.





Number Five 

We're Going On A Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen

Last but not least, We're going on a bear hunt was a book I'm pretty sure I know from school. I don't recall how old I was on how I even came about to reading it whether it was read to my class or if it was off my own back. But this is a cute little story which for some reason I still find myself quoting the 'we can't go over it...' phrase that is repeated throughout this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment